[SGRupdate] New on the SGR website - climate/energy items

Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) info at sgr.org.uk
Thu Nov 15 12:16:55 GMT 2012

Dear Friends

More articles from the latest SGR Newsletter are now available on our website
- see below. Please do pass them on to friends and colleagues.

Many thanks

Stuart

Dr Stuart Parkinson
Executive Director.

* What kind of low carbon future do we want?

Dr Tim Foxon, University of Leeds, summarises new academic research examining
the major choices for the UK as the nation tries to de-carbonise its
electricity system.
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/what-kind-low-carbon-future-do-we-want

* Energy from the ocean: the UK dimension

Prof AbuBakr Bahaj, University of Southampton, outlines the recent positive
progress in generating electricity from offshore wind, wave and tidal current
resources in the UK. He also assesses the future challenges in a sector in
which the UK is a global leader.
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/energy-ocean-uk-dimension

* How influential are the climate change sceptics?

Dr Stuart Parkinson, SGR, looks at the factors that have led to the prominence
of climate change sceptics over the past two decades and asks whether they are
as influential as they seem.
http://www.sgr.org.uk/resources/how-influential-are-climate-change-sceptics