[diggers350] scaredsacred documenting diggers

AMEY VELCROW scaredsacred at chickmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:43:30 BST 1999

To anyone who can help
My name is Amey kazymerchyk and I'm travelling right now with my film partner Velcrow Ripper. We are independent film makers from Vancouver Canada working on a feature length documentary entitled SCAREDSACRED. It is an independent film funded by Canadian Arts Councils. We were recently at an eclipse party where we met a woman by the name of Karen Evans. I bought a book of hers entitled A guide to tree proteseting in britain...so anyway it was really exciting because before we left to start the film in august we were working closely with environmental organizations-PATH and Western Canadian Wilderness commitee. In 1996 Velcrow completed a documentary entitled Bones of the Forest, on logging in British Columbia....so blah blah..In her book she has many comics about living near st.georges hill, and the past of the Diggers. We feel this is a really important part of SCARED PRESENT AND SACRED PRESENT. The duality of destruction, and the hope of activism and trying to create change. To make a super long story short we are going to make it over to england for the gathering september 3-6 and are wondering how to get to stroud from london. We are also interested in opening up some dialogue to explore environmental and political activism in britain. We plan to be in England for September. Hope to talk to you soon.(Below is a synopsis of the film) Cheers!
Much respect
Amey Kayzmerchyk

SCAREDSACRED
a feature poetic documentary
by
Amey Kazymerchyk and Velcrow Ripper

  ScaredSacred is a feature length poetic documentary which explores the scared and sacred stories of a global kaliedescope of cultures and faiths. It is a journey from the creation of time and space to a scared or sacred present,  and forward to millenial hopes and fears for the future.
    Our exploration begins in the SACRED PAST: first light, first land, first colour and first word, a gathering of ancient creation myths from around the world, as well as the mystical origin stories of modern physics. We will travel to  the great sacred sites of the peoples of North and South America, of Turkey, Egypt, Ireland, Bali, Eastern Europe, India, Tibet, Israel,  Africa, New Zealand, etc. We will gather oral hirstories from elders and storytellers, as well as from non-experts, such as young  children, asking them: 2how did the universe begin?2.
    All was not tranquillity in those beginning times. In the SCARED PAST; Shiva both created and destroyed, blood dripped from the claws of the Aztec gods, and  giants who once ruled the earth were swept away by a scared past of natural disasters, upheaval, the mass extinctions , ancient apocalypses and floods. When did man  first lash out against his brother's and sisters? Against the planet that gives him life? We will travel to more recent scared locations such as the sites of the Spanish Inquisition,  The Salem Witch Trials, sites of colonial repression of North American Indians, the place where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake, the horrors of Auschwitz,  Hiroshima, Chernobyl, the chemical disasters of Bhopal and Bikini Atoll, genocides of East Timor, Yugoslavia and Tibet.   .
           The focus of SCAREDSACRED PRESENT is the intimate anecdotes of the people we become close with along the journey. It looks at the dreams, hopes and fears of this time. Of right now. Now. These may be personal stories of sacred events, or moments of fear, told by people from all corners of earth and walks of life.  This section of the film includes instruction on the Buddhist Bodhichitta practice,  which audience members can follow along.  This practice involves breathing in the pain and suffering of the world, and breathing out peace and light.

3It9s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine2
-Pop Song

   Where is this all taking us? Is a Scared Future upon us?   Is the end near?   The beginning of the end has been forseen by Nostradamus, the Bible, the Mayans, and a wide range of self proclaimed prophets and Gurus. As  well as visions of industrial destruction, global climate change,  state terror, global homogenization, poverty, ecological devestation and ultraviolence, synthethic environments in a toxic wasteland, some of the ScaredFuture stories will be on the street interviews filmed in front of a Macdonald9s in every country we visit around the world.   Included here will be a visual depiction of a post-apocalypse world, gathered by filming abandoned places like empty factories, rotting vehicles, etc.
    The final vision of the film is a belief that there is hope for a SacredFuture.  These are the growing pains of humanity.  Now is a time to reflect on the damage and the achievement; learn and look forward. We are moving into the new millenium and a chance for a new start.  Evolve or dissolve.  People such as the Dalai Lama (Tibetan Buddhist), Pir Vilayat (Sufi), Rhuyhiah Khanum (Baha9i), Emma Restall Orr (Druid), Thich Nhat Hahn (VIetnamese Buddhist), Jean Houston, Hakim Bey, etc. will be asked if they will offer their visions of hope for the Future.  The final images of the film are a montage of circle dances from cultures of the world; Dervish, Slavic, Celtic, Jewish, Native, Technotrancedance and Barndance in a joyous explosion of hope- a ghost dance for the new millenium...spiralling dolphins, circling sun, circling earth, whirling dancers...one planet, one people...please.

3LISTEN NOW  TO WHAT THE LAND IS TELLING US...
IT9S TELLING US THAT THE TIME HAS COME
THAT THE EMPIRE9S DAYS ARE FALLING
THAT IT IS TIME TO BEGIN A DANCE
A BRILLIANT MULTI VARIEGATED
GHOST DANCE
FOR THE NEW MILLENNIUM
THAT WILL BRING TOGETHER ALL
THE RUNAWAY SLAVES, THE SCATTERED TRIBES, THE REBELS
WHO HAVE REGAINED THEIR HUMANITY
BY DESERTING THE MACHINE
ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN THE SIGNS
AND ARE BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND2