[diggers350] Peru contacts

Plattsteve at aol.com Plattsteve at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 17:40:40 GMT 1999

I'm going to Peru in a week or so's time. Among other things, I'm hoping to do
some work on land rights/squatting etc. (For those who don't know, most of
modern Lima originated as squatter "shanty towns" and the city contains what
is probably the largest self-managed squatter settlement in the world --
350,000 people. Not so small and not so beautiful, unfortunately, but a
positive beacon of what the landless poor can do for themselves given the
chance.)

Does anyone have any contacts in Peru who is involved in these or similar
issues?
Any suggestions appreciated.

Muchas gracias,

Steve Platt