Indigenous Populations Conference

Mark Brown msbrown at cwcom.net
Sat Jul 15 13:51:00 BST 2000

United Nations Indigenous Populations Conference in Geneva ;  24th -30th July

(Message from Jyoti @ Chapter-7) :
The United Nations in Geneva is hosting a conference the 24th -30th of July which will be attended by over 1,000 indigenous people and persons representing indigenous populations. People will be there from Northa and South America, Asia, Africa, Australia, The Pacific Islands, and some from the MIddle East. They are going primarily to network amongst each other and make presentations to the United Nations on issues affecting them. A group of people from the UK is going to help video tape the presentations and do a lot of listening so that we can find out how to help these indigenous people have a voice in the world system. If anyone is interested in going there is still room in the car and we need help. We aim to find cheap accomodation (camping or staying with squatters) and need some petrol money. But, those will be the only costs. If you are intersted in coming along please call Ivan at 0117 924 5592 or Jyoti at 01935 881 975. We will probably be leaving on July 22 or 23rd and will return on the 30th. It will be an amazing opportunity!