Fwd: veggies and rainbow moving

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 19:51:39 BST 2000

>From: "veggies" <info at veggies.org.uk>
>To: office at tlio.demon.co.uk
>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:04:32 +0100
>Subject: veggies and rainbow moving
>

>Can you help us spread the following exciting news?
>
>Here follows text from our info-flier, more info is available from our
>website at <http://www.veggies.org.uk>http://www.veggies.org.uk
>
>We are especially keen that people should note our
>NEW PHONE NUMBER: 0845 458 9595
>

>VEGGIES and the RAINBOW CENTRE
>
>'MOVING~ON'
>

>Since our beginnings in 1984/5, sharing an office in a single building
>together with Nottingham’s FoE and CND groups, The Rainbow Centre and
>Veggies Catering Campaign have expanded to burst the seams of a 7-unit
>terrace of shops, offices, cafe, library, campaign resources, collective
>housing and letts scheme.
>
>Many projects and many volunteers have come and gone over the years, but
>in this new millenium the time is right to break out of the confines of
>rented accommodation and seek a permanent base, purchased as an investment
>in the future, and as a statement of our ongoing commitment to the causes
>of human and animal rights, environmental protection, peace, co-operation
>and social justice.
>
>We have therefore given notice to quit our Mansfield Road premises, with a
>new Centre ‘under offer’ to buy. An Ecology Building Society mortgage is
>being sought, but we have to raise £22,000 deposit - for which we are
>appealing for help. We may be ready to move late December or early in 2001.
>
>Our address and phone numbers have literally spread around the planet, as
>part of a ‘vast and extensive’ network. If you wish to keep in touch with
>Veggies, email rainbow at veggies.org.uk (subject='moving on') or drop us a
>line to : 180 Mansfield Road, Nottingham  NG1 3HW.
>
>If at any time in the future you have difficulty contacting us, please
>check our website for the latest information  www.veggies.org.uk/moving
>
>We cannot take our current phone no with us.
>
>Our NEW Phone No is 0845 458 9595
>

>CAN YOU HELP US BUY THIS COMMUNITY RESOURCE & CAMPAIGN CENTRE ?
>

>We need loans, donations, standing orders, fundraising, pledges of
>support, and practical help - no offer to small.
>
>To keep in touch with Veggies and The Rainbow Centre, please send your
>details.
>

>If possible email details (and/or pledges) to moveon at veggies.org.uk
>
>(Send the message from your usual email address, to which we can send you
>progress reports)
>

>If you do not have a permanent email address, please send details to our
>current address:
>
>176-188 Mansfield Road, Nottingham  NG1 3HW before the end of Dec'2000.
>
>This form is avilable at
><http://www.veggies.org.uk/movingon>http://www.veggies.org.uk/movingon
>
>if you do not have web access cut and paste the text below into an e-mail
>message, or print and post to the address above.

> [...]

The TLIO Networking Office

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

+44 (0)1865 722016
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG

check out our website at: <http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/>

or contact us at: <office at tlio.demon.co.uk>

TLIO are currently short on funds.  For a year's subscription for the
newsletter (3 times a year), we are asking for £3 per annum.  Please make
cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".