[diggers350] Use of CAP to break up large holdings

Globalnet mail uk evnuk at gaia.org
Sat Sep 4 19:49:09 BST 2004

Dear Peter,

It is easier to destroy the whole CAP concept, than to get that change you
suggest. Your upper limit idea has even been suggested within the beaurocracy.
Watch the Land issue of the New Statesman, think it either next week or week
after. There will be a  small table with an article by Jason Cowley. it
shows what the top 5 landowners get by way of subsidy, led by the Queen who
gets just under £10m, Prince Charles about £14m etc. I compiled the table.
Why not get me names and acreages of all the landowners you know, and I'll
tell you the subsidy.

Yours
Kevin Cahill (Who Owns Britain)