[diggers350] ASS response to French housing rights battles

Jock Coats jock.coats at oxfordshirecommunitylandtrusts.org.uk
Wed Jan 17 23:59:17 GMT 2007

Do you not think they may be (mistakenly) using the community buy out
legislation in Scotland as their "precedent"?

Not exactly applicable to urban areas or housing shortages but the
principle is sound enough - access to land - and you could argue that
the community land trust legislation in Scotland makes it legally
enforceable.

If France *are* looking at a similar sort of principle in urban areas
it could be very interesting.

Jock

--
Jock Coats - Chair, Oxfordshire Community Land Trusts
c/o Warden's Flat 1e, J Block Morrell Hall, OXFORD, OX3 0FF
m: +44 (0)7769 695767 e: jock.coats at oclt.org.uk
www: http://www.oclt.org.uk/ - http://jockcoats.blogspot.com/