[diggers350] Re: normal investigative journalism?

Massimo A. Allamandola suburbanstudio at runbox.com
Mon May 5 16:29:23 BST 2008

As I can talk only in "personal capacity" I hope a collective answer of
this emails
could bring you more informations...(hopefully over the next few days)

After the article of the "Daily-rant" a producer from ITN came along
interested
in the same issue; as I understand, Rampart collective is currently
preparing a media strategy
to deal with the "spiel concocted for the media".

There are three local campaigns with their own media contacts we are in
dialogue with :

http://bethnalgreencentre.blogspot.com/
http://www.saveshoreditch.com/
http://open-shoreditch.blogspot.com/

While I personally agree with Simon on the "normality" of this piece of
journalism, I am suprised by Tony's
abstract and cristallized polemic on the <<us>> and <<them>> of
"anarchism" and the failure to understand
an <<individualistic and theatrical >> strategy such as the
situationist's political theatre...
Situationism died 40 years ago in the streets of Paris !!! What happend
in the 40 years after 1968 ?

I would be interested, in this matter, to listen to the opinion of Colin
Ward and his self-governing idea of
"anarchism in action"...all about ways of enabling people to take
control of their lives and partecipate in the
decision-making processes that affect them - in education, housing, the
environment built and natural, food, even
how water supplies are managed...

Self-governing does not necessary means self-marginalisation !

Massimo