allotments in Camden Town? Difficult!

james armstrong james36armstrong at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:34:02 BST 2009

1London is overpopulated with 25 million in the Thames tv catchment area and the only way to get allotments is to move to Dorchester .   The great wen housing and employment and crime and allotments problems are un solvable  on any other terms.

2  After five years' graft, tonight we had runner beans, cabbage and potatoes  followed by rasperries all picked yesterday from our allotment.  Only the ice cream was bought.

 we have picked kilos of blackberries and bottles of elder flowers  for cordial.

3 allotment rent is some #20 per annum, at 16 to the acre the income is about the same as

a farmer renting out a field  to a sheep raiser.

It is a serious consideration for  a group or individual to buy an acre or two and rent it out as diy 'allotments.'  its a good principle that people can do what governments cant and corporations wont.

james, Dorchester