[Dem-Village] praiseworthy ITV

Alison Banville alisonbanville at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 01:39:15 GMT 2010

yes it was amazing!!!! If anyone doubts the catastrophic effect of mainstream
media collusion with power then this film should make that clear! It is
absolutely true that we would not have gone to war if these fuckers had done
their job!! None of the stuff in the film was info we didn't know but now it has
had a wide audience! It was really down to one man at ITV that this was shown as
Pilger said in an interview this week - that is sheer luck and nothing
whatsoever to do with the station as whole being crusading. ITN News as we saw
is just as culpable as the BBC  - and Ch4N and Sky. I've worked with Media Lens
for a while now (as anyone can, it's a grass-roots org) and have had lots of
discussions with David Edwards - he and David Cromwell are credited at the end
of the film as consultants but their contribution was actually huge.

Recently we've been discussing Tom Bradby ITV News' political editor who I
contacted at the beginning of the student protests. David gave me some great
quotes of his revealing his lack of impartiality which I put in an email to him,
Mannion (also interviewed in the film) and just for good measure all the other
newscasters! These people need to know they are being watched - in the deeper
sense - and held to account. This is why Media Lens are so despised by the msm,
they are effective at exposing the unspoken allegiances and they rely on their
supporters to help them. I urge everyone to do so because the stakes are too
high not to. We can already see the exact same events playing out re Iran that
led to Iraq and the media has learned nothing!! If we let them they will
drum-beat us into another war in which countless innocents will die. Media
should be holding power to account but they won't - so we need to hold THEM to
account!! If we do we could prevent another tragedy. Like John said 'the
Palestinians can't wait' for the hand-wringing after the fact! We need to act
now!!