[diggers350] Landless Peasants Party

vapid ness vapid.ness at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:15:58 GMT 2010

Historically, landless peasants have not done well in encounters with
landowners or their representatives, who will use violence to keep what they
have and take what they can.

While the party might generate some publicity relating to the issue of land
and wage slavery, personally I don't like anything which appears to condone
an illegitimate form of rule over most of us- property is theft and
government is violence (ok, that's a simplification)- and I can think of
better ways to spend £600 defending and promoting land rights- Steward Wood
and Lammas still have outstanding legal fees, (as far as I know) for
example.

I do like the idea of mocking the legislature, however- I'd have a lot more
sympathy for 'em if I knew they were taking the piss, but they couldn't
admit to that in public because then they wouldn't be allowed to stand.

Still reserving my opinion until I learn a bit more, I think.