[Dem-Village] Latest Threat to Brian, Maria & Co

Alison Banville alisonbanville at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 19:48:31 BST 2010

brill email Mark! Makes it all really clear and excellently written too!

________________________________
From: Mark Barrett <marknbarrett at googlemail.com>
To: democracyvillage at googlegroups.com;
campaignforrealdemocracy at lists.aktivix.org; project2012 at googlegroups.com;
peopleincommon at lists.riseup.net; Freedom Assembly
<freeassembly at lists.riseup.net>; cml-stewards at googlegroups.com;
diggers350 at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, 17 October, 2010 18:53:48
Subject: Re: [Dem-Village] Latest Threat to Brian, Maria & Co

As things stand, no problem legally for Brian or Maria's camp; Brian because he
is has been found to be exempt as he was in place before its terms came into
force, Maria because she has obtained authorisation under its framework. Later,
however if legislation that enacts their removal gets passed they could be
100% vulnerable. Main problem is called "Parliamentary Sovereignty" which means
they can bring in any law they like and the Courts and Police will enforce it.
There is no higher law in this land and Parliament cannot bind itself into the
future, so even previously enacted Human Rights legislation will be circumvented
if the new legilsation is drafted skilfully enough. New law may of course be in
contradiction with EU Human Rights legislation to which we (the UK) are
signatories, but again it is not binding. Since the 1649 - 1688
settlement Parliament has been Sovereign and that, without a new settlement
in place, eg a written constitution accepted by courts and people as of a "meta"
nature, as some of us advocate (
eg http://www.peopleincommon.org/archive/C421.html and
http://www.aworldtowin.net/about/Rights21C.html ) so as to protect fundamental
principles and redirect society as a whole, is where things stand today. The EU
can rap the UK Gov on its knuckles, for Human Rights infringments as it does
from time to time but its views (in contrast with, say the US Constitiutional
Court, which regularly strikes out Federal and state -made laws as
unconstitutional) are not biding on the sovereign Brit Parliament. Hence the
need for us to struggle to change that!

In the meantime of course we need to stop unjust laws coming into place, and
when they do strive to make them unworkable. If they attempt to bring in a law
to evict B and M we can lobby, and do direct actions to stop it and i it comes
in we must mobilise to prevent the eviction, in numbers (let us hope the police
prediction, in this case is right!)

In solidarity for a new constitution which protects all of us, here in the UK,
Europe and even world-wide, and all of nature; and which also directs us,
non-coercively towards a community focused, democratic political economy and the
reigning in of all states and global capital!

Mark

On 17 October 2010 12:53, raga woods <ragawoo at gmail.com> wrote:

Well done Mark for alerting us....there was a good piece in the Standard with a
pic of Maria outside the new Tardis Box. We need to get this sorted Mark, where
do we stand???Can you clarify Mark...with your legal training.