Paul Mason on Steinbeck and modern day America

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Sat Jul 30 22:56:48 BST 2011

For those of a more literary nature, it seems that some things don't change!

Another excellent video from BBC economics editor Paul Mason, re-tracing the
route of Steinbeck's 'Grapes of Wrath' in modern-day America:

"In Steinbeck's footsteps: America's middle-class underclass"
Paul Mason, BBC Newsnight, Thursday 28th July 2011

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14296682
(contains Paul Mason's video for Newsnight and other background information)

The whole Newsnight programme is available on-line until 4th August at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012twhm/Newsnight_28_07_2011/

P.
- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc