land monopoly leads to slavery

james armstrong james36armstrong at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:45:45 BST 2011

  LAND MONOPOLY   , Genesis.   Ch 47, vvs 13 …20 …..

There
was no food in the region however because
the famine was so severe..

Both
Egypt and Canaan wasted away because of the famine.   Joseph collected all the money for the grain
they were buying and he brought it to Pharoah’s palace. When the money of the
people of Egypt and Canaan was gone, all Egypt came to Joseph and said, “Give us food. Why should
we die before your eyes, all our money is used up”.  “Then bring your livestock.” Joseph
said.  “I will give you food for your
livestock.” So they brought their livestock to Joseph and he gave them food for
their horses , their sheep and goats, their cattle and donkeys. And he brought
them through that year with food in exchange for their livestock.

When
that year was over they came to him and said,
“We cannot hide from our lord that since our money is gone and our
livestock belongs to you there is nothing left for our lord except our bodies
and our land.

Why
should we perish before your eyes, we and our land as well?  Buy us and our land and we will be in bondage
to Pharoah.  Give us seed so that we may
live and not die.

And
that the land may not become desolate.”

So
Joseph bought all the land of Egypt for Pharoah. The Egyptians one and all sold their
fields because the famine was too severe for them.  The land became  Pharoah’s. and Joseph reduced the people to
servitude, form one end of Egypt to the other ."Here endeth the lesson."