Taxation and True Freedom

Colin Donoghue colind at veganmail.com
Tue Sep 20 02:03:43 BST 2011

Closing down Corporate tax havens as the solution? This perspective is based
on the belief that government and corporations are separate entities rather
than two sides of the same coin, and that if corporations simply payed their
fair share (to the war machine), everything would be better. This ignores
the fact that most of our taxes are used to support corporate enterprise
anyway! (subsidies, military-industrial-complex, etc.) Taxes keep the ruling
class in place, and keep the lower class subservient and dependent, so
having corporations pay more taxes is like “cracking down” on heroine/poppy
producers by forcing them to use better fertilizer. The fact is that
increasing corporate taxes would do little to nothing for the common woman
and man who will remain tax/money slaves (even if it is deemed a “fair”
amount) by being forcibly restricted from living natural
self/community-sufficiently on the land, which is their birthright as humans
of the Earth. All economic/political schemes disregard this and therefore
are fundamentally flawed; they ignore the unprincipled foundation of them
all: the unnatural and false authority of the ruling class, the tyrannical
kings of men, the farmers of men. “Tax the landowners!” as a revolutionary
cry is really just shouting “More of the same!” TAX-FREE LAND FOR EVERYONE!
is the real solution to the tyranny, oppression, exploitation &
environmental destruction, not reforms that may give the impression that
“we” have taken “our” nation “back” from the bankers or whoever.

Who is doing, and always has done, the most harm on Earth? Government and
corporate leaders. How did they get the weapons, machinery, soldiers, etc.
they use to constantly destroy/dominate people and environment? They got it
through enslaving and exploiting the rest of mankind, by restricting them
from living naturally and self-sufficiently, and taxing the landowners, who,
as it is a birthright, is everyone. Reform doctrines operate on the premise
that we can actually have a working representative democracy on a mass
scale, the problem with that is it's a lie; democracy is impossible except
at the most localized level of interaction, which is also the most in tune
with our inner Nature and with outer Nature, thereby disturbing each the
least: sovereign family homesteads, heavenly “kin domains”, aka “kingdoms of
heaven.”

People like G. Winstanley, and also recently (& interestingly) the book
character Anastasia from the popular “Ringing Cedar” book series got it
right, they were pointing in the right direction ---> Claim your birthright
to your fair share of the Earth. Many look at the “complex” world around us
and think it is too simple a solution to be viable, but remember, complexity
in our personal and social lives is often just irrational and unprincipled
nonsense, and the best answers are most often the simplest.

I offer this in the interest of true progress and deeper understanding of
what the root problem really is, with no disrespect or negativity towards
those expressing different views.

Peace