04Jul12 Amerika’s Last Independence Day?

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Jul 4 14:11:38 BST 2012

Banking, Oil, WW3 & John Key Gordon Duff & Evelyn
Gilbert Vinny Eastwood Show 15 Nov 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIsjXBrVcSo

Amerika’s Last Independence Day

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/07/02/amerikas-last-independence-day/
http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=161476#161476

2012 could well mark the last celebration of our
once brave and free Republic whose firm moral
bearings have slowly been eroded by a cancerous
military industrial complex and the sinister emergence of a fascist corpocracy:

by <http://www.veteranstoday.com/author/roland/>Allen L Roland – Veterans Today

Enjoy this fourth of July; watch the patriotic
parades and fireworks, wave your flags and stuff
yourself with hamburgers and hotdogs ~ but
beware, this could well be Amerika’s last
independence day. The moral pillars of our
Republic have almost disintegrated and beneath
the ruins lay a rapidly blooming fascist corpocracy.

Mark Twain once wrote that true patriotism, the
only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the
Nation ALL the time and loyalty to the Government
ONLY when it deserves it. Our present corporate
welfare state government does not deserve our
loyalty for it has not only hijacked democracy
but we have become a fascist corpocracy in the
process. A fascist state seeks to organize a
nation according to corporatist perspectives,
values, and systems, including the political system and the economy.

The Obama administration not only represents
corporate welfare you can believe in but, in the
process, we have moved from a democracy toward a
fascist corpocracy ~ which millions of Americans
patriotically annually celebrate while still
being manipulated by false threats, false
promises and manufactured nightmares. President
Obama’s once formidable Main Street base has now
been totally replaced by Wall Street’s financial
elite and an arrogant and greedy corpocracy.

No where is this greed as obvious as the great
middle class swindle ~ Obamacare.

As Mike Adams writes in Natural News ~ “ Obama
got the middle class to support his legislation
by promising it was NOT a tax, and by promising
it would LOWER health insurance costs. In
reality, however, it RAISES health insurance
costs, it IS a tax, and the majority of that tax
burden falls squarely on the very same
middle-class voters who put Obama into office
under false pretenses. That’s a swindle, by any definition.”

By the year 2016, the Obamacare “penalty” tax
will reach roughly $2,000 per year for a
two-person household. According to Stephen Moore
of the Wall Street Journal, 75% of the financial
burden of Obamacare’s new taxes will fall onto
Americans making less than $120,000 a year
<http://www.naturalnews.com/036361_Obamacare_tax_swindle.html#ixzz1zRc1Ok8B>Learn
more

Manufactured fear, corporate welfare and false
patriotism are also among the 14 key
characteristics of a fascist state. Dr. Lawrence
Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler
(Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain),
Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American
regimes. Britt found 14 defining characteristics
common to each ~ and America has virtually all of them;
    * Powerful and Continuing Nationalism –
Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of
patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia.
    *  Disdain for the Recognition of Human
Rights – Because of fear of enemies and the need
for security, the people in fascist regimes are
persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of “need.”
    *  Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a
Unifying Cause – The people are rallied into a
unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to
eliminate a perceived common threat or foe.
    * Supremacy of the Military – Even when there
are widespread domestic problems, the military is
given a disproportionate amount of government
funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected.
Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
    * Rampant Sexism – The governments of fascist
nations tend to be almost exclusively
male-dominated. Under fascist regimes,
traditional gender roles are made more rigid.
    *  Controlled Mass Media – Sometimes to media
is directly controlled by the government, but in
other cases, the media is indirectly controlled
by government regulation, or sympathetic media
spokespeople and corporate executives.
    * Obsession with National Security - Fear is
used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
    * Religion and Government are intertwined –
Governments in fascist nations tend to use the
most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion.
    * Corporate Power is protected – The
industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist
nation often are the ones who put the government
leaders into power, creating a mutually
beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
    *  Labor Power is suppressed – Because the
organizing power of labor is the only real threat
to a fascist government, labor unions are either
eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.
    * Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts –
Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open
hostility to higher education, and academia.
    * Obsession with Crime and Punishment – Under
fascist regimes, the police are given almost
limitless power to enforce laws. The people are
often willing to overlook police abuses and even
forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism.
    *  Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Fascist
regimes almost always are governed by groups of
friends and associates who appoint each other to
government positions and use governmental power
and authority to protect their friends from accountability.
    *  Fraudulent Elections - Sometimes elections
in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other
times elections are manipulated by smear
campaigns against or even assassination of
opposition candidates, use of legislation to
control voting numbers or political district
boundaries, and manipulation of the media.

Are our present active duty military fighting
illegal occupations for our nation, a democracy,
or an increasingly fascist government corpocracy?

As Michael Piazza writes in Liberating Word ~
“When war is profitable, it becomes too tempting
to resist. We cloak our attitudes in terms of
patriotism and supporting our troops, but the
truth is, if war wasn’t so profitable our troops
might not be so endangered. Is it pure
coincidence that the South, which is most
economically dependent on military expenditures,
is also the region where support for the wars in
Iraq and Afghanistan is the greatest? Will we
ever make truly ethical choices between war and peace if war is so profitable?”

How can Amerika be the home of the brave when our
cowardly and illegal droneattacks are killing
thousands of innocent civilians every day – many
falsely counted as “combatants”, “militants” or
“terrorists” ~ while at the same time more of our
troops commit suicide every year than get killed in action?

In Pakistan (an American “ally”) alone, through
mid-August last year as manyas 2,956 people were
killed and another 1,158 injured by U.S. drone
attacks. Many were labeled “militants”, but the
death toll includes at least 175children and as
many as 781 verified civilians. Despite all this
collateraldamage, no more than 150 “named
militants” were killed. And again, these
statistics are for Pakistan alone. President
Obama has obviously embraced a disputed method
for counting civilian casualties that did little
to box him in. It in effect counts all
military-age males in a strike zone as
combatants, according to several administration
officials ~ unless there is explicit intelligence
posthumously proving them innocent.

In perhaps the most unconstitutional power grab
by the Obama administration to date the
constitutional rights of Freedom of Press and
Freedom of speech have now been suspended under
the false premise that the “human rights
violations” in Syria and Iran constitute a “national emergency“.

President Obama issued an executive order
declaring Syria a national emergency and outlaws
reporting on terrorist rebel activities ~ once
again validating the wise words of one of our
founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin; “All wars
are follies, very expensive, and very mischievous
ones.”
<http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/11211.html>4
minute Video: The case Against Moving Forward With War

And what are the moral effects of our unjust
occupations and military killing machine?

It is impossible, given the paucity of current
data, to determine the suicide rate among
veterans with any accuracy. However, the VA
estimates that a veteran dies by suicide every 80
minutes. Moreover, although only 1 percent of
Americans have served in the military,
formerservice members represent 20 percent of
suicides in the United States. For the second
year (2010) in a row, more US soldiers killed
themselves(468) than died in combat (462). ‘If
you
 know the one thing that causes people to
commit suicide, please let us know,’ General
Peter Chiarelli toldthe Army Times, ‘because we
don’t know.’ Suicide is a tragic but predictable
human reaction to being asked to kill as well as
watch your friends be killed – particularly when
it’s for a war or occupation based on
lies.”<http://tinyurl.com/6zdf6cy> See article

There’s lots of talk about government debt, but
very little talk about how much of that debt
comes into being as well as the ongoing
diabolical partnership we have between crooked
banks and corrupt politicians ~ both here and
abroad.John Perkins pulls back the curtain on how
countries get in over their heads
2 minute Video

This Independence day we must face the fact that
we are neither the land of the free nor the home
of the brave ~ but instead have given away our
precious birthright to the military/industrial
complex and a fascist corpocracy.

Former US President and Nobel Laureate Jimmy
Carter rightly says that “ the United States is
abandoning its role as the global champion of human rights “

In that regard, I am reminded of Milton Mayer’s
classic “They Thought They Were Free” (The Germans 1933 – 1945).

For German exceptionalism in the 1930’s was
really not too different, in many ways, than
American exceptionalism in the last decade and
very likely headed for the same disastrous fate.

Mayer’s book describes the slow but sure
seduction of the people as their liberties,
freedoms and moral values were gradually stripped
away by Hitler’s fascist government while waving
the flag of national security and patriotism;

THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE FREE – Pg. 166 / 167

“ But Then It Was Too Late ~ What happened here
was the gradual habituation of the people, little
by little, to being governed by surprise; to
receiving decisions deliberated in secret; to
believing that the situation was so complicated
that the government had to act on information
which the people could not understand, or so
dangerous that, even if the people could not
understand it, it could not be released because of national security.

And their sense of identification with Hitler,
their trust in him, made it easier to widen this
gap and reassured those who would otherwise have
worried about it
 this separation of government
from people, this widening of the gap, took place
so gradually and so insensibly, each step
disguised (perhaps not even intentionally) as a
temporary emergency measure or associated with
true patriotic allegiance or with real social
purposes. And all the crises and reforms (real
reforms, too) so occupied the people that they
did not see the slow motion underneath, of the
whole process of government growing remoter and remoter.”

Apathy sets in with each step, as it most
certainly has in America, and Mayer knowingly
describes the consequences for Germany in the early 1930’s~

THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE FREE – Pg 171

“In between come all the hundreds of little
steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them
preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step
C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you
did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at
Step C? And so on to Step D ~ and one day, too
late, your principles, if you were ever sensible of them, all rush in upon you.

The burden of self-deception has grown too heavy,
and some minor incident, in my case my little
boy, hardly more than a baby, saying ‘Jewish
swine,’ collapses it all at once, and you see
that everything, everything, has changed and
changed completely under your nose. The world you
live in ~ your nation, your people ~ are not the
world you were born in at all. The forms are all
there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses,
the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits,
the concerts, the cinema, the holidays.

But the spirit, which you never noticed because
you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it
with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a
world of hate and fear, and the people who hate
and fear do not even know it themselves; when
everyone is transformed, no one is transformed.

Now you live in a system which rules without
responsibility even to God. The system itself
could not have intended this in the beginning,
but in order to sustain itself it was compelled
to go all the way
 You have accepted things you
would not have accepted five years ago, a year
ago, things that your father, even in Germany,
could not have imagined
 Suddenly it all comes down, all at once.

You see what you are, what you have done, or,
more accurately, what you haven’t done (for that
was all that was required of most of us: that we
do nothing) You remember the occasions in which
maybe if you had stood others would have stood
too. You remember everything now, and your heart
breaks. Too late. You are compromised beyond repair.”

And that is Mayer’s main point ~ it is the spirit
that dramatically changes when we accept if not
condone the disintegration of our national moral
values through illegal wars and occupations as
well as crimes against humanity intrusive full
body scans and pat downs, which will soon be
extended to trains, boats, schools and court such
as torture, secret renditions as well as houses.

On this Independence day 2012 , let us remember
the clouds of glory in our infancy and the words of Thomas Paine;

“Never had a country so many openings to happiness as this.

Her setting out in life, like the rising of a
fair morning, was unclouded and promising.

Her cause was good.

Her principles just and liberal. Her temper serene and firm.

Her conduct regulated by the nicest steps, and

Everything about her wore the mark of honor.

It is not every country that can boast so fair an origin.”

And then let us truly reflect on what we have
indeed become as the world’s largest supplier of
arms, the supporter of inhumane dictatorships
throughout the world with the blood of millions
of innocent people on our hands as the result of
our imperialistic war machine ~ and reflect on
the words of our famous poet Carl Sandburg;

“ For we know when a country goes down and never
comes back, when a society or a civilization
perishes, one condition may always be found, they
forgot where they came from ~ they lost sight of what brought them along”

I finish my Independence Day requiem with this
four minute Bill Moyers reflection on
Independence Day where Moyers reminds us that
“Thomas Jefferson got it right when he wrote
about “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of
Happiness” as the core of our human aspirations.
But he lived it wrong, denying to others the
rights he claimed for himself. And that’s how
Jefferson came to embody the oldest and longest
war of all ~ the war between the self and the
truth, between what we know and how we live.”
<http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/12203-focus-remember-thomas-jeffersons-betrayal>4
minute video:

And that quite simply is Amerika’s on going
current war ~ between what we choose to believe
and the truth and what we know in our hearts and how we live.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6