Runnymede eco-village open day this Saturday.

no body diggers360 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 15:14:25 BST 2012

Join us in Runnymede this Saturday!
http://www.diggers2012.wordpress.com/
Join us this Saturday 7th July in Runnymede for lively open discussion, picnic and woodcraft workshops.
Hello,
This Saturday marks one month since we left Syon Lane Community Allotment in West London, heading out beyond the M25 to ‘make the waste lands grow’.  Since then we have setup camp in the disused forest at the ex-Brunel university, Runnymede Campus (which has been empty for 6 years since being bought by developers).
To celebrate this landmark, we are organising some activities for this Saturday which we invite you to come and join in with.
>From 1 p.m - 2 p.m  we will be holding a ‘land rights and civil liberties’ open discussion and picnic at the Magna Carta memorial, Runnymede.  For directions to the monument, click here: http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/leisure/tourism/magna_dir.asp
>From 2.30 p.m – 5.30 p.m we will be holding a series of workshops at the Runnymede eco-village (10 minutes walk from the Magna Carta monument).  Workshops will include: wattle and daub wall making for our timber frame long house, cob oven making, wild food identification and more.
For a map of the eco-village please go to www.diggers2012.wordpress.com
Camping: if you’d like to camp with us on Friday or Saturday, you’re most welcome.  Please bring a tent and sleeping bag, warm clothing and anorak.
We always welcome any donations of food.
Legal situation: Whilst we see that our activities are harmless and provide a solution to the destruction of people and planet, the laws of the land don’t seem to reflect this principle!  Currently we are trespassing on the land at the ex-Brunel site and we maybe evicted so its worth calling: 07963 475 195 to check what the situation is before you set out or visit: www.diggers2012.wordpress.com for any updates.  Thanks.