On Dormant Debt Collection Agencies

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Nov 18 23:29:11 GMT 2012

Can't verify this but looks interesting

On Dormant Debt Collection Agencies
Viking Collection Services Limited - Don't be scared
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35619#p79861

Viking Collection Services Limited - Don't be scared
http://obelisk8.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/on-dormant-debt-collection-agencies.html

I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be a lot of information
about Viking on this Forum and what is here is not 'filed' under
Viking as a main Debt Collector Topic. Hopefully Ceylon or another
moderator can sort that for us.

So, I thought I'd attempt to provide some more comprehensive
information on them, with the objective of calming a few nerves of
those who are having to deal with Viking.

An increasingly common thread with Debt Collection Companies is that
many of them are registered as 'Dormant' companies (at Companies
House: http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/), i.e. they are not trading
or executing any type of business activities. At least, that's the theory!

So, if Viking really are 'Dormant' and are not trading, why have I
received three separate letters from them in less than a month? - all
signed by M Galloway, the Viking Collections Manager! (btw, you can
view his Linkedin public profile here:
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-galloway/16/330/911).

If you do a check on http://www.companycheck.co.uk/, you will see
that Viking has four registered Directors (and, therefore, only four
'employees', as the company is supposedly 'Dormant'). Mark Galloway
is NOT one of them. But then - silly me - according to his Linkedin
Profile (as at today), he's the Operations Manager at Santander (Geoban) !

Maybe, he's been 'seconded' to Santander from Viking (or maybe he's
just a 'ghost writer' for the letters!) But then, he mentions that
he's accountable and responsible for a number of Viking activities
(here's an example: "... Responsible for controlling the
communication of all Viking related processes and information within
the Collections Contact Centre.") - How can a 'Dormant' company have
processes or a Call Centre?

The four Directors are: Mr Francis Eugene Armour (6 active
Directorships), Mr Callum Hamish Gibson (11 active Directorships), Mr
Adam Nicholas Mussert (11 active Directorships), and finally, but by
no means least, is Mr David Martin Green with 124 registered
Directorships, about 61 of which are with 'Active' companies. He must
be a busy man! He must work out!

Most, if not all, of the companies listed are part of the 'web' of
Santander companies.

Anyway, my overall point of all this is: Remember that the tactics
employed by these Debt Collection companies (and the major financial
organisations behind them) are nothing more than bullying and
intimidation, designed to scare us into submitting and handing over
more of our money to them, to help fund the continuation of their
fraudulent activities (and their luncheons in the City!)

In another thread that I found on moneysupermarket.com (cough!),
there was a post from a member of staff who said:

"I work for Santander Cards on collections and I'm quite happy to let
people in on our system. Heres advice and tips. Basically Viking is
the last chance you get before we sell your debt on to a debt
collection company. We pretend we've already sold it on and call
ourselves Viking. Santander/Viking will not take you to court, send
balifs round etc, that make us look bad. Instead it get sold on to
another company at a discounted price, we swallow the loss and let
them chase you for it...."

So, there you have it - Santander just try to get what they can for
the debt when the Viking 'process' fails (as it always should if you
follow the advice of the Get Of Debt Free web site); and another
toothless, unwitting DCA may get involved... only to fail themselves
and lose their 'investment' too!

So, don't be scared - stand up to them, play the game and have some
fun. Viking are 'Dormant'. They have no teeth, so they can't bite!

Another example is Mercers Debt Collections Limited (operated by
Barclays Bank) - see my post on them here:
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31238

In that post, I also suggest that as many of us as possible report
these rogue 'dormant' Debt Collection companies to HMRC using their
Tax Evasion Hotline. I have done this already - see the post for details.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be
revealed; and nothing hid that shall not be made known. What I tell
you in darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye hear in the
ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6