Agri workers dwellings — new guidance?

Simon Fairlie chapter7 at tlio.org.uk
Sun Oct 7 01:05:39 BST 2012

Rural readers note the last paragraph of text below:

> He (Mark Southgate of the Planning Inspectorate)also told delegates
> that tests applied to applications for essential
> agricultural workers' dwellings might reappear following the
> government
> review of the guidance that previously underlay planning policy
> guidance
> and statements. The tests were largely swept away by the
> introduction of
> the National Planning Policy Framework.

This is the first we have heard of this. As Andrew Lainton points out
on his blog:

"So the #NPPF might be amended to put back the Agricultural Dwellings
Tests. A classic example of a policy that was solely excluded because
of an arbitrary 50 page limit.  How many dozens of responses asked to
keep or amend them to avoid a policy black hole."

Simon Fairlie
Monkton Wyld Court
Charmouth
Bridport