Spring event series

Adam Payne AdamPayne_5 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:09:58 GMT 2013

Invitation open to all. Please spread far and wide.

The
Community Food Growers Network

Spring Event Series

This spring the Community Food
Growers Network we will be hosting a series of events aimed at building
knowledge, skills, activism and ideas for grassroots social change on food
issues in London.

Using ideas, words, music,
poetry and food, the events will explore the relationships between local food
and global justice. With everything from practical advice and seed swaps to
expert analysis and delicious dinners we hope to draw together the diverse
communities working on issues of food, land and social change. Get these dates
in your diaries now!

Monday 4th
February 2013 at Pogo’s Café from 7pm:“Land and Liberty: How We Found Our Patch Of Ground”
 Are you struggling to find land? Join the Community Food Growers
Network as we host a forum for stories and questions about how to access
 land for food growing in and around London'.

Friday 1st
March 2013 at the Hornbeam
 Center from 7pm:

“Freeing Seeds from
Corporate Control” A seed swap with a
difference! Discussions led by Patrick Mulvany and Ru Litherland on the effects
of corporate control over seeds. Bring seeds to share.

Friday 5th
April 2013 at the Hornbeam
 Center from 7pm:

“A History Of Land Rights
And Protest In Folk Song And Story” A participatory exploration of
land rights and protest in folk song and story with Hugh Lupton and Robin Grey
and friends.

----

Pogo Café, 76 Clarence
  Road

Hackney, E5 8HB

www.pogocafe.co.uk

The Hornbeam Centre, 458
  Hoe St

Walthamstow, E17 9AH

 www.hornbeam.org.uk

All events by donations with food included.

For
more information: www.cfgn.org.uk / www.organiclea.org.uk

Email:
adam[at]Organiclea.org.uk