Greater democracy for New Zealand: Iceland shows the way?

mm at iniref.org mm at iniref.org
Sat Jan 12 14:15:11 GMT 2013

Campaign for direct democracy in Britain
Citizens' Initiative and Referendum I&R ~ GB
http://www.iniref.org

Thought you might be interested in the following and helping us spread
the word...

We are coordinating a nationwide tour by Hordur Torfason - an Icelandic
activist who initiated the recent 'cutlery revolution' in that country:
  This resulted in:

1.           Resignation of the whole government.

2.           Nationalization of the bank.

3.           Referendum so that the people can make economic decisions.

4.           Incarcerating the responsible parties.

5.           Rewriting of the constitution by its people via Twitter and
Facebook etc

All of this was accomplished *Peacefully.*

Interestingly the Icelandic economy is now doing well and the IMF and
other heavyweight economists agree that Iceland did the right thing
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/top-economists-iceland-did-it-right-everyone-else-is-doing-it-wrong.html

Hordur Torfason is currently lecturing on meta modern democracy in
Europe.  The time is right for New Zealanders to hear what he has to say.

He will be visiting here in March 2013 and we are raising funds for this
in the most democratic way – through www.PledgeMe.co.nz/691
 People give their credit card details
and /only if /we reach our target, the funds are deducted.  This way,
all New Zealanders can see this inspiring man talk for free.   Please
help us spread the word. Further information can be found at
www.facebook.com/HordurTorfasonNZTour

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Sian Clement