The 'Extreme Energy in South Wales' microsite, and the upcoming tour of South Wales,

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Fri Nov 8 17:12:41 GMT 2013

      8th November 2013 -==- please forward

The "Extreme Energy in South Wales" microsite launched

 -==}  http://www.fraw.org.uk/extreme_swales/  {==-

Today, in advance of my tour of South Wales in a week or so (details
below), I've launched the "Extreme Energy in South Wales" microsite.

The purpose of the page is to provide a focus for the unconventional gas
developments that are about to target this area over the next few years.
Note that this is a temporary design -- the final page will be uploaded
when the new Free Range Network 'Extreme Energy in South Wales' briefing
is launched at the end of the month.

The page contains an extensive collection of videos and official reports
-- for people to browse, educate and enlighten themselves -- regarding
the impacts of these new "unconventional" fossil fuel technologies, now
being rolled out without any cogent Government analysis in many areas
around the UK. The official position is that provided that these
facilities are "properly run and regulated" there will be now problem;
but what the information from scientific reviews and official reports
tells us, especially (in the content of South Wales) in Australia, is
that these processes are inherently pollution and harmful to ecological
and human health.

The 'South Wales' microsite builds upon the two other launched recently:

# Extreme Energy in the Marches --
http://www.fraw.org.uk/extreme_marches/

# Extreme Energy in the South Midlands
http://www.fraw.org.uk/extreme_southmids/

Note the next event in the 'South Midlands' is in Banbury next week...
Wednesday 13th November 2013 -- Going to Extremes: The project to
develop unconventional gas extraction in Britain, 7.30pm, Friends
Meeting House, Horsefair, Banbury

THE 'EXTREME ENERGY IN SOUTH WALES' TOUR PROGRAMME, NOVEMBER 2013

Full details/location maps can be found on the web site --
http://www.fraw.org.uk/extreme_swales/index.shtml#events

# Tuesday 19th November 2013 -- Desperate Measures: Unconventional coal
gasification and the failure of energy policy
7.30pm, Swansea Environment Centre, Pier Street, Swansea SA1 1RY

# Wednesday 20th November 2013 -- Extreme Energy in South Wales: The
political project for unconventional gas developments in South Wales
7.30pm, The Pick and Shovel, 35 Wind Street, Ammanford SA18 3DT

# Friday 22nd November 2013 -- Extreme Energy in South Wales: The
political project for unconventional gas developments in South Wales
7.30pm, St Catherine's Church Hall, Upper Church Street, Pontypridd CF37
2UF

# Saturday 23rd November 2013 -- Going to Extremes: The project to
develop unconventional gas extraction in Britain
2.15pm, Y Llynfi Library, Maesteg Sports Centre, Old Forge Site, Maesteg
CF34 9EB

Note also, coinciding with the tour, there's also a screening of the
film "Gasland 2", 7.15pm, Gallery Room, Llandeilo Civic Hall, Thursday
21st November.

Thanks,

P.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey_public_key-2013-2.asc