Dont Just Walk Past - World Homeless Action Day 10th October 2015

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Oct 2 13:30:14 BST 2015

World Homeless (Action) Day (WHAD) is a worldwide
collaborative effort that is held on October 10th every year
..
We will gather at Euston Square Gardens, King's
Cross, Camden, London NW1 from 6 pm to mark the event and we need YOU!
*PLEASE INVITE ALL YOUR
FRIENDS*
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WorldHomelessActionDay/10153631265052445/
It's good to share.... Details of World Homeless
(Action) Day:
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstreetskitchen.co.uk%2F%3Fpage_id%3D1137&h=cAQEPrqwjAQGgSertExCfsWuZrEO2kULyaQeRhz9-a0pv-g&enc=AZMw5ho_ioGNUC2sAZWrOHTTjFfBqLkAOx_e1jsTy03BKLc9pTACi0z95ZAupRL7Xgkx6jRjmusgxUaKXqyJhfnI1LT61heRsT4sIAaqMWwMQ-UT2XB9R1Zwh6yUW5gAD0ZUipXriiOTvHOWWHruuKAZ26TuVa9gcRp2lCFWFN3Z-w&s=1>http://streetskitchen.co.uk/?page_id=1137
The plan is to have a few speakers at the event,
info tables, some music etc & then go off and
distribute the food etc around the streets of
London.. There will also be an opportunity for
people to get more involved with Street Kitchens
etc. and meet other service providers.
We ask people to donate food & essential items for our streets
We already have a sound system, the FBU fire
engine etc & a number of prominent speakers/organisations/unions etc..

Amongst other London events:
Masato homeless beanie campaign launch:
http://masatostudio.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/masato-homeless-campaign-beanie-and.html
Glass Door Sleep-out Duke of York Square, Chelsea:
http://www.glassdoor.org.uk/sleepout2015.htm
Nightstop sleep out in aid of Redditch’s young homeless:
http://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/nightstop-sleep-out-in-aid-of-redditchs-young-homeless-14373/

World Homeless (Action) Day was founded in 2010
by Jon Glackin whilst he was living in Ireland,
recognising that there was no global day to raise
awareness of homelessness internationally in
existence. Quickly a core group of people from
across the Planet came together to make this day
a reality. The day is now recognised in almost
every country in the world. To date millions of
pounds have been raised by local and
international groups to continue their work by
using the day to raise awareness and assist their streets.
The main ‘themes’ this year across the globe is
jointly recognising the growing criminalisation
of homeless people simply for being homeless and
to promote the ‘Housing First’ model which has
been proven time and time again to work. For more
details contact: streetskitchen at gmail.com

[]