European court should clarify Article 50 (re. brexit)

MM mm at iniref.org
Mon Nov 14 14:51:50 GMT 2016

European court should clarify Article 50 (re. brexit). This matter
differs from the recent case brought to the UK high court by Ms. Miller
and others.

If you agree that Article 50 of the european treaty TEU should be
formally clarified then please re-tweet the following and spread the
proposal.

TWEET 14 Nov 2016
Confusion in UK re Article50 TEU paralyses gov+parl. EU court must
clarify law. Can application to leave EU be withdrawn? #Art50Lux SPREAD
-------------------
https://twitter.com/yourballot/status/798151768647565312
https://twitter.com/yourballot

--------------------------
LETTER TO COURT OF JUSTICE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION 14th November 2016

from:
Citizen UK/EU (name supplied)
--------------------------

to:
Court of Justice and General Court
European Union

Press and Information department
e-mail: presseinfo-en at curia.europa.eu

I telephoned the CJEU today and was connected with "Press and
Information". I expressed an interest to bring a case to the EU court as
an individual or group of private citizens.

Our concern is to obtain formal judicial clarification of Article 50
TEU, importantly the question of whether once Article 50 has been evoked
can the "application" to leave the EU be withdrawn?

Your press officer told me that an individual cannot bring a question
like this to the EU court.

At the CJEU web site I had read apparently contradictory information, as
pasted here:

"The CJEU and you
If you – as a private individual or as a company – have suffered damage
as a result of action or inaction by an EU institution or its staff, you
can take action against them in the Court, in one of 2 ways:

indirectly through national courts (which may decide to refer the case
to the Court of Justice)

directly before the General Court – if a decision by an EU institution
has affected you directly and individually."

source:
https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/institutions-bodies/court-justice_en#how-does-the-cjeu-work?

Please clarify. Why can we not bring our case to the General Court ?

Sincerely,
Citizen UK/EU