Sat 26 Nov BIRMINGHAM - Lucas Plan 40th Anniversary Conference

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Oct 12 17:33:03 BST 2016

>BOOK NOW for a conference celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Lucas Plan!
>
>Veteran trade unionists and younger activists
>see Nobel prize-nominated plan as inspiration for the future
>
>Leading figures from the left, trade union,
>environmental and peace movements are coming
>together at a conference on November 26th with a
>fresh perspective on tackling current crises,
>using the ideas of socially useful production
>pioneered in the Lucas Plan. The Plan, produced
>by workers at the Lucas Aerospace arms company,
>showed how jobs could be saved by converting to
>make products that answer a social need, rather
>than weapons. To book for the conference, visit
><http://www.lucasplan.org.uk/tickets>www.lucasplan.org.uk/tickets.
>See
><http://www.lucasplan.org.uk>www.lucasplan.org.uk,
>or the notes below for more information on the Lucas Plan.
>
>The conference will focus on 5 key themes:
>    * The Lucas Plan and socially useful production.
>    * Arms conversion and peace.
>    * Climate change and a socially just transition to sustainability.
>    * The threat to skills and livelihoods from automation.
>    * Local/community economic and industrial planning.
>
>Linking all these issues is the need to rethink
>how we can produce what people and society
>actually need and overcome corporate domination
>through their control of technology.
>
>Highlights of the conference will include:
>    * Talks by Phil Asquith, Brian Salisbury and
> Mick Cooney (Lucas Aerospace Shop Stewards Combine).
>    * Screening of a new film on the Lucas Plan by Steve Sprung.
>    * Contributions from: Chris Baugh (PCS),
> Suzanne Jeffery (Million Climate Jobs
> Campaign), Hilary Wainwright (Red Pepper), John
> McDonnell (tbc), Natalie Bennett and Molly
> Scott-Cato (Green Party), Romayne Phoenix
> (People’s Assembly Against Austerity), Mary
> Pearson (Birmingham Trades Council), Jim Wyke
> (Young Scots for Independence), Philippa Hands
> (Unison), Stuart Parkinson (Scientists for
> Global Responsibility), Dave Elliott (Open
> University), Dave King (Breaking the Frame),
> Tom Woolley (Rachel Bevan Architects), Simon
> Fairlie (The Land magazine), Karen Leach
> (Localise West Midlands), plus more speakers to be announced.
>
>The conference on the Lucas Plan 40th
>anniversary will be held at Birmingham Voluntary
>Service Council (138 Digbeth, Birmingham, B5
>6DR) on November 26, 2016. See
><http://www.lucasplan.org.uk>www.lucasplan.org.uk.
>The conference is being organised and sponsored
>by: former members of the Lucas Aerospace Shop
>Stewards Combine, Breaking the Frame, PCS, UCU,
>Million Climate Jobs Campaign, Green Party,
>Scientists for Global Responsibility, Campaign
>Against Arms Trade, and Red Pepper.
>
>Tickets are £10/£5 concessions: To book for the
>conference, visit
><http://www.lucasplan.org.uk/tickets>www.lucasplan.org.uk/tickets.
>For more information, email
><mailto:info at breakingtheframe.org.uk>info at breakingtheframe.org.uk

> [...]

Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://rt.com/op-edge/authors/tony-gosling/
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6