Sat/Sun26-27May 2018 SOMERSET Soilhack Gathering 2018

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Apr 24 22:43:32 BST 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[RTF- UK ] Soilhack Gathering 2018
Date: 	Mon, 23 Apr 2018 02:55:48 -0700
From: 	tee at riseup.net
To: 	rtf uk <uk at lists.reclaimthefields.org>

Hi everyone

The second national Soil Hack gathering is taking place over the weekend
of 26th-27th May.

We invite you to come and contribute your experiences, share ideas and
learn about soil regeneration: As part of a DIY movement, we'll
collectively discuss, study, explore and celebrate the living soil upon
which we all depend. This is an opportunity to work together as part of
a knowledge-sharing network, to empower one another to understand more
about soils and take actions to improve their health.

We'd love for you to join us and get involved - it's going to be
ground-making!

Do you have a burning question to ask? Experience to share? A new
innovation to tell the world about? Well we want to know all about it!
Please let us know in advance if you have ideas for workshops / sessions
you would like to be involved in organising.

To find out more and to book your place go to -
https://pretix.eu/soilhack/2018

For more info; to ask us a question or offer a skill share email us at -
soilhack at mailo.com

Look forward to see you there,

Soil Hack Organising Crew

      *What:* A weekend to share our passion, knowledge, and skills for
      building healthy soils

      *When:* 26th – 27th May 2018 (arrivals welcome Friday evening)

      *Where:* Brook End LAND Centre, Compton Dundon – near Street and
      Glastonbury in Somerset

        *Please note places are strictly limited* */- book early to
        avoid disappointment/*

https://pretix.eu/soilhack/2018

      About SoilHack

SoilHack was set up to provide a space for people to collaborate in
sharing information to help better understand our soils and how to
improve their health, having been inspired by the DIY spirit of the
FarmHack movement. More details here:
http://farmhack.org/wiki/soilhack-wiki
<https://pretix.eu/redirect/?url=http%3A//farmhack.org/wiki/soilhack-wiki%3AX31RlGlJwsFV_fHE30mjRa9KB9M>

In recent years there has been a growing understanding of the complexity
of interactions that have an effect on the soil and a growing awareness
of the importance of our soil resource for future generations and to
mitigate climate change . We are aware that some current methods that
are used to manage the land are detrimental to soil health, but how can
we move away from them and move towards regenerative practices?

There are increasing examples of people positively transforming their
soils using novel techniques such as no-till/no-dig, cover cropping,
biochar, and agroforestry.

The challenge, especially for people who are full-time producers, is to
somehow get to grips with a toehold on the latest soil research which
helps to understand why these practices work, as well as getting a sense
of how and when they may be appropriate . SoilHack is a response to
this, a self-organising network for sharing knowledge.

Contribute your experience, insight, and curiosity to this effort.

      About the Gathering

Everyone at the gathering will be learners. It is a DIY event and it is
hoped everyone will can help the gathering run smoothly. Please let us
know in advance if you have ideas for workshops / sessions you would
like to be involved in organising. Sessions should be participatory,
science and evidence-based, and practical where possible. There is
support available for designing sessions. There will also be space on
the programme for self-organised workshops and sessions that arise as
needed and relevant over the weekend. As well as practical workshops,
there will be time set aside for discussions and strategy sessions on
how to build the SoilHack movement.

      How to offer a workshop

Make sure you have booked your place at the gathering. To share your
idea for a session, to assist with the planning and delivery of a
session or to keep up with developments please join and post to the
SoilHack mail-list www.s.coop/soilhack
<https://pretix.eu/redirect/?url=http%3A//www.s.coop/soilhack%3AbdU0ON2XthYj79obhvnJXI0erek>
or alternatively email the organising team soilhack at mailo.com
<mailto:soilhack at mailo.com>

Please note no one is paid for giving workshops at the gathering. If you
need financial support to participate, please let us know when booking.

      Cost

The gathering is a not-for-profit event with financial support to enable
access and participation. You choose your ticket price based on what you
can afford, we ask £15 - £75 for a day ticket and £25 – £125 for a
weekend ticket, which includes meals and camping. For folks who cannot
afford the lowest rate, please let us know and you can be allocated one
of the free places. It is hoped that individuals coming from
universities, established businesses or other professional organisations
can pay a higher rate.

For any enquiries please email the organising team soilhack at mailo.com

Brook End LAND Center, Street (near Glastonbury) Somerset

May 26th – 27th, 2018
Add to Calendar <https://pretix.eu/soilhack/2018/ical>

More information

  * SoilHack Gathering 2018 content
    <https://pretix.eu/soilhack/2018/page/soilhack-gathering-2018-content/>

      If you already ordered a ticket

If you want to see or change the status and details of your order, click
on the link in one of the emails we sent you during the order process.
If you cannot find the link, click on the following button to request
the link to your order to be sent to you again.

 From South America, where payment must be made with subtlety, the Bormann organization has made a substantial contribution. It has drawn many of the brightest Jewish businessmen into a participatory role in the development of many of its corporations, and many of these Jews share their prosperity most generously with Israel. If their proposals are sound, they are even provided with a specially dispensed venture capital fund. I spoke with one Jewish businessmen in Hartford, Connecticut. He had arrived there quite unknown several years before our conversation, but with Bormann money as his leverage. Today he is more than a millionaire, a quiet leader in the community with a certain share of his profits earmarked as always for his venture capital benefactors. This has taken place in many other instances across America and demonstrates how Bormann’s people operate in the contemporary commercial world, in contrast to the fanciful nonsense with which Nazis are described in so much “literature.”

So much emphasis is placed on select Jewish participation in Bormann companies that when Adolf Eichmann was seized and taken to Tel Aviv to stand trial, it produced a shock wave in the Jewish and German communities of Buenos Aires. Jewish leaders informed the Israeli authorities in no uncertain terms that this must never happen again because a repetition would permanently rupture relations with the Germans of Latin America, as well as with the Bormann organization, and cut off the flow of Jewish money to Israel. It never happened again, and the pursuit of Bormann quieted down at the request of these Jewish leaders. He is residing in an Argentinian safe haven, protected by the most efficient German infrastructure in history as well as by all those whose prosperity depends on his well-being.
http ://spitfirelist.com/books/martin-bormann-nazi-in-exile/