Windrow

Simon Fairlie chapter7 at tlio.org.uk
Thu May 24 22:11:50 BST 2018

Dear Mower

Please find attached  The Windrow 13,  a newsletter about scythes and
scything,  with up to date listings of courses and events. This issue
has been edited by Colin Close.

There are still spaces on the  Improvers' Masterclass at the West
Country Scythe Fair on 8 and 9 June. With three highly experienced
teachers  (Steve Tomlin, Phil Batten and Christiane Laganda) this is
designed to be the ideal course for anyone wishing to perfect their
technique, teach scything, or  lead teams of volunteers — and you
get to go to the wonderful Green Scythe Fair.  See page 3 of the
attached Windrow, and note that the email to respond to, misprinted
in the newsletter,  is this one:  scythes at myphone.coop

You will also be able to find this issue of The Windrow (along with
back issues) on the Scythe Assocation website athttps://
scytheassociation.org/news/

About the General Data Protection Regulations

As you have no doubt experienced, many organisations have been asking
people to fill in a form saying that they want to continue to remain
in contact, and confirming  that they are not a robot. This is not a
practical option for the Windrow list, which is managed manually ;
nor do I consider it  necessary, for the following reasons:
  (a)  individuals on our email list have already given their active
consent (either by ticking a box or by emailing me);
(b) we do not supply the email list to anyone else;
and (c) we send out all emails using Blind Carbon Copy,

If  you wish to unsubscribe please send this email back to me with
"unsubscribe" written in the title bar. Your details will be deleted.

On the other hand, if you find the Windrow useful, feel free to send
us an email saying so, or suggesting improvements.

With best wishes

Simon

Simon Fairlie
Monkton Wyld Court